Monday 5 November 2012

Halloween Treat :)


Hey guys I hope you all had a great Halloween :) I wasn't going to trick or treat this year because 1: I'm too old and 2: I'm trying to lose weight. But after everything I ended up taking my mom's friend's daughter out and so, I did end up getting a fair bit of candy and more importantly, chocolate. 
I was so proud of myself though because I only ate 2 1/2 pieces of chocolate that day!! This was a very large accomplishment for me and so far since, I've done good. But I got to thinking... I should do something different with all this chocolate and candy cause I don't really want to just pick at it day by day... That would take a long time. So I froze most of it but some of it I saved and decided to make... Da da da daaa!! Halloween popcorn squares!! Like rice crispie squares but with popcorn :) so here's the recipe I invented and am sharing with you. They are of course meant to be dietary so if that's not a concern for you, feel free to use as much chocolate and candy as you like. Halloween Popcorn Squares:
Makes 15 decent sized squares
Ingredients:-1 bag (250 g) of marshmallows minus 6 marshmallows -1 80g bag popcorn-300-400 calories worth of chopped candy and chocolate-1 tbsp butterSpray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray or butter it. Pop popcorn and remove un popped kernels. In medium pot, melt marshmallows and butter on low heat, stirring till smooth. Carefully not to burn! Fold in popcorn and chocolate/candy pieces. Press into greased pan and refrigerate for 15 minutes before cutting into squares.

c

 I made 15 fairly large squares :)Calories per whole batch: 1470Each: 98 

No comments:

Post a Comment